Borrowing and Loan Privileges
Emory faculty may borrow books for one year with one renewal. Emory staff and students as well as staff of the Emory Clinic, Atlanta VA Medical Center, the Centers for Disease Control and Children's Healthcare System of Atlanta may borrow books for four weeks, with four four-week renewals. Books are subject to recall.
To renew online, go to Library Search and click on "Login." Enter your Emory ID and password, then click on "My Library Card" and "Loans." Then select "Renew All." Please note: books that are overdue cannot be renewed online.
Recall or Place a Hold on a Book
- To recall or place a hold on a book that is currently on loan to another person, go to library catalog, Library Search
- Login ("Emory login" link)
- Locate the item you want
- When the record for the item, click on the "Request" button to place the hold.
Initiating a recall request will shorten the due date for the book to ten days from the date of the recall. Patrons who have placed recall requests will be notified once the book is returned.
Emory faculty may designate a current staff member or student as a proxy to borrow books in the faculty member's name. The proxy form must be filled out and signed by the faculty member. For more information or to receive a Faculty Proxy request form, please visit or call the Information Desk at 404-727-8727.
Books and journals from the Health Sciences Center Library collection currently housed in Storage may be requested online via Library Search. Requests may be placed for books or copies of individual articles. An email will be sent when requested books are available for pick-up, usually within 1-2 business days. Articles will be delivered electronically via ILLiad.
To place requests:
- Go to Library Search (library catalog)
- After locating the title you want, click on "Request Article or Chapter."
Select the volume that contains the article you wish to borrow and click “Request it”
- Login to ILLiad and complete the Electronic Document Delivery Request form.
If you do not have an Emory net ID and password, please call the Information Desk at 404-727-8727 to place the request.
Current Emory University faculty, staff, or students may request copies of articles or loan of books not available at Emory Libraries by using the Interlibrary Loan service. Articles will usually be delivered electronically within 1-2 business days, and books, within 10 days.
- Submit requests electronically via the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan system.
- Course textbooks cannot be requested via this service
- Requested items must be for private study and individual research only
- Requests for copies are limited to one article per issue of a journal or one chapter per book Requests can be made to borrow complete books All requests must comply with current United States copyright law For more information about Emory Libraries' Interlibrary Loan service, see "ILL Policies and Procedures."
To access or place materials on course reserve