Media Booking Services for Instructors
Options for hybrid and remote teaching
For hybrid or remote teaching and learning, we recommend using streaming video in lieu of physical media such as DVDs whenever feasible. Most streaming video content licensed by the Emory Libraries is searchable in Library Search. Subject librarians can assist with acquiring streaming versions of videos that you already use and titles not currently in our collection. You can also use the Emory Libraries streaming video purchase request form.
Booking videos for a class
To show videos and DVDs from the library in your class, you may use one of the following options:
Book the video in advance through Library Search
- This function enables you to create a booking request for the item (available only for authorized users).
- Faculty and graduate instructors get seven days for all visual media except items on Course Reserves.
- Note: If you choose a range that extends beyond the loan period, the booking will not be placed.
Book the video in advance with the Media Booking Form
- Please limit your requests to one item booking per form.
- Media Booking Form
Booking library films for public viewing
To book a film, video, or DVD held by the Music and Media Library for a campus film festival or other public event on campus, you will need to obtain permission to show the material. Some items may already have viewing permissions. Contact us at Ask a Librarian with questions.
Renting films not owned by the library
The library provides film rental services for support of course offerings in Emory College and the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. Showings must take place in White Hall or at other campus locations served by the Classroom Technologies unit of Libraries & Information Technology Services (LITS).
Departments wishing to sponsor showings which are not intended for a particular class should make their own rental arrangements. Library staff will provide information about vendors and procedures, if desired.
Submit a request at least four weeks in advance of the screening date. Please hand deliver the completed Film Rental Request Form. You will receive notification of the film’s availability. For further information, contact James Steffen at firstname.lastname@example.org | 404-727-8107 or Kevin Miller at email@example.com | 404-727-0924.
- Please note that the library can only rent films currently in commercial distribution in the U.S.
- Charges: For each title, the library pays up to $100 of the rental fee. The sponsoring department pays any additional amount.
- The rental will be arranged at the public-performance rate whenever the public and/or the Emory community is invited to the showing, in order to comply with copyright law and licensing requirements. The instructor will be informed in advance of the cost. A showing for which the instructor is present and the audience is limited to members of the class qualifies for an educational rate.
- No admission fees may be charged, nor donations collected, for any film showing arranged by the library.