Robert W. Woodruff Library
The Operations/Access Services Desk is located on Level 2 of the Woodruff Library building near the main entrance.
Call us at 404-727-2960 for any of the following reasons:
- Safety concerns
- Evening and weekend facilities issues (i.e. A/C and heating issues)
- Locked doors and elevators
- Compact shelving issues
- Lost and found
Atwood Science Commons
- Safety concerns: contact Emory Police 404-727-6111
- Facility issues: contact Woodruff Library Building Operations Desk 404-727-2960
Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library
The Information Desk is located on Level 1 of the Woodruff Health Sciences Library building near the main entrance.
- Safety concerns: contact Emory Police: 404-727-6111
- Facilities issues (WHSC Library Office Manager): 404-727-5818
- For evening and weekend facility issues, contact the Woodruff Library Building Operations Desk: 404-727-2960
In the event of inclement weather, please check the homepage for current information on hours, services, and access.
Or, call the weather hotline for school closing info: 404-727-1234
If You Should Discover a Fire
- Alert people in the area and immediately activate the fire alarm at the closest pull station.
- Call Library Operations and Access Services at 404-727-2960 to provide details of the fire location.
- Immediately exit the building.
During an Alarm
- Evacuate the building immediately by using the closest exit and go to the “outside designated meeting location(s).”
- Never take the elevator during a fire. You may be trapped if the power goes out.
- Before opening any door, feel the handle and door with the back of your hand for heat. If the door is hot, do not try to open it. Find another route to evacuate the room or building.
- Leave quickly, closing unlocked doors as you go to contain fire and smoke.
- If you encounter smoke or flames during your escape, use another exit. Heat and smoke rise, so cleaner air will be near the floor. Get as low as possible to the floor and move toward the exit.
- Do not re-enter the building.
- If a tornado warning is issued for DeKalb County that may impact the Emory campus, outdoor sirens, emergency text messages to enrolled users, and Emory’s cable TV system will notify students, faculty and staff.
- An Emory community email may also be sent to your Emory email address.
- An announcement will be posted on Emory’s Emergency Announcement page.
- Library Operations and Access Services will inform staff and patrons by announcing the weather conditions over the emergency public address system.
- During a Tornado WARNING alert, staff and patrons should move to their designated “take cover” areas.